The worker, shoulders hunched over the wall
replied gruffly, "I'm laying bricks, can't you see that?"
The man watched a while longer and then asked another worker what he
was doing. The worker turned to him and with eyes downcast, he muttered "I'm just tryin’ to make a livin’, that okay?"
The Gentleman looked over and saw a third man whistling as he worked, his back was straight and movements swift …
The Gentleman approached, asking for the third time
what the worker was doing, but this time the response was
a little different,
Looking up, with eyes alight – the worker looked at the gentleman and smiled…
"I'm building a cathedral!"
anonymous
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - David Henry Thoreau
The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. - Marcel Proust.
We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin.
You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses. - Ziggy.
No comments:
Post a Comment